One Way to Improve Your Relationship with Your Manager
Earning your manager's respect takes more than just getting your assigned work done. It requires understanding her priorities, not just the ones that immediately affect you. It also means communicating in the way that she needs.
Here are questions that will provide the framework for a respectful relationship:
· What is your preferred communication method?
· Do you prefer email, texts, face-to-face conversations?
· How often would you like to hear from me?
· How much detail would you like about me and my team's work?
· Do you prefer I lead with analysis or judgment?
· How can I make your job easier?
· What can I take off your plate?
· What can I do for you that I'm not already doing?
· What questions should I ask that I haven't already asked?